Don’t risk safety with a DIY Call in arrangement!
Don’t Risk Safety with a DIY Call-In Arrangement!
With the ever-increasing responsibilities of Work Health and Safety, the obligations on employer’s grow as well. An example of this is the call-in arrangements businesses make for “Lone Workers”. Until recent times there hasn’t been a more cost-effective solution. The call-in arrangement is usually used for employees who are travelling or have meetings off-site. Often this can make completing a thorough risk assessment difficult. Employees call into a team leader or manager and report how long the activity should take. If the employee doesn’t check in the team leader or manager will call them to check on their welfare. If they cannot locate the team member, or get a response they escalate the situation. That is if they remember to follow up!
The Issues with a DIY Call-In Arrangement.
- It adds a new level of pressure and responsibility to the team leader or manager.
- It raises an issue if the team leader or manager is unable to take the call or forget the time allocated. For example, if they are in a meeting, or in their own private time, or it happens to be the middle of the night.
- Team leaders aren’t always trained in what to do when the employee doesn’t respond. This can lead to indecision and can cost valuable time in an emergency.
- With this type of arrangement, the manager is only aware of where the employee should be. If the employee requires emergency services GPS location information is invaluable. Minutes matter in emergency situations.
Smartphones for Smart Businesses.
- Welfare timers set by the user. There is no call in and no extra resources required, the user sets a timer on the app and if they do not stop it the device sends an alert. The best apps will send the alert to a 24/7 priority response centre.
- Live GPS tracking on alert. If the device goes into alert the response centre receives the GPS location of the device even if it is moving.
- Instant alert buttons for safety and medical emergencies, which also start GPS tracking.
- A shake to activate feature. This is for those extreme situations when unlocking the phone is not achievable.
- The most important feature is behind the scenes, professional monitoring. There are many reasons for this, starting with the fact that response centres have better and faster access to emergency services. Not only that, but they also have trained operators to handle emergency situations.
Safety App Features.
Subscribe to Blogs