WSG Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 604 823 430) (referred to as “WSG“, “we” and “us“) recognise that the privacy of your personal information is important to you and are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information we collect from your use of the software application ‘WorkSafeGuardian’ for mobile devices (WSG Application).
What information do we collect?
We primarily collect personal information that is necessary for us to facilitate your use of the WSG Application and how we respond to alerts being triggered from that usage. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and your nominated contacts, and may include:
- your name, address, occupation and contact details (address, telephone numbers and email address);
- contact details for those individuals you have instructed us to contact in response to an alert being triggered;
- information about your dealings with us or about our services;
- credit card information for purchase and usage of the WSG Application; and
- other personal information you may disclose to us when you contact us or request a service from us, or which is contained in communications between you and us.
In addition, we may collect certain information automatically from your usage of the WSG Application, including:
- the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device and your mobile operating system,
- your current location if you have activated the GPS functionality (or other similar technology) on the WSG Application; and
- information about the way you use the WSG Application.
If you do not want us to be able to access your location details, you should turn off the location services for the WSG Application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings.
How do we collect and hold your personal information?
We usually collect personal information in the following ways:
- directly from you, either in person, in documents, by email or via the WSG website;
- from your usage of the WSG Application;
- from third parties;
- from publicly available resources.
We hold personal information in hard copy and electronic files.
If your personal information is no longer needed, WSG will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
Collection of information from usage of the WSG Application
Why do we collect personal information and what are the consequences of not providing us with the information requested?
Generally, we collect personal information about you and your nominated contacts in order to provide the services we offer in connection with your usage of the WSG Application. We also collect personal information so we can invoice and otherwise communicate with you. Our ability to meet any obligations we may have to you or your business or how we respond to alerts may be adversely affected if you do not give us the requested personal information, or if the information you give us is incomplete or inaccurate.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information primarily to communicate with you and to give effect to your instructions upon your nominated contacts in the course to an alert being triggered from your use of the WSG Application. We may also use personal information to:
- manage our relationship with you and improve the services we provide;
- share your live location and other personal information with emergency service providers and your nominated contacts when an alert has been triggered from your usage of the WSG Application.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We will only disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected or in the following circumstances:
- to third party service providers who assist us in providing our services to you;
- to our related companies;
- where required or authorised by law or otherwise as permitted under the Privacy Act;
- where you consent or have authorised a third party to consent to the disclosure.
Cross-border disclosure of personal information
How secure and accurate is your personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we hold is:
- accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- stored in a secure environment; and
- protected from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If any of your details change, please let us know as soon as possible so we can maintain the accuracy of your personal information.
How can I contact WSG?
If you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal information, you should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will always endeavour to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction.
Australian Privacy Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on Tel: 1300 363 992 or email: email@example.com.